Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome...

Welcome to my WEB-LOG!
(I still think 'Blog' sounds like something you do after drinking too much)

Here, I will attempt to keep you posted on many of my music business-based epiphanies.

The music industry is a big and complicated machine to me, full of bits and pieces I don't fully understand, yet. I'm a musician and composer from Ottawa, Canada, and I love all kinds of music. I love learning about music too, so I've enrolled in the Algonquin College certificate program "Digital Music Production," with hope that it might shed light on the murk and mystery of the industry, marketing, and let's face it - money making. Who wouldn't want to get paid to do what they love? I ask.

I'm on a budget, and am interested in the 'do-it-yourself' route to music-fuelled subsistence. I guess that's why I'm learning to use programs like Cubase 5 and taking courses that develop my 'production value' [pun intended]. Showbiz has always seemed to require financial resources I'm sure we've all only dreamed about. But maybe not anymore...

This is the 'digital' age, after all, and the potential for self-innovation and marketing online appears limitless. Have we finally arrived at the point where the balance between talent and money can finally be levelled?? I sure hope so.

I am The Shoestring Troubadour. Let's see what's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment